here we go, or rather here we don’t go. mercury retrograde is already upon us once again.
starting off the trio of mercury retrogrades this year is mercury in aries backtracking into pisces from march 12 - april 4. quite a combo paired with the already looming mars retrograde.
and the main question seems to be: is what i’ve been working hard to bring for myself truly good for myself? is it what i should be doing? does it make me really happy?
what mercury retrograde represents is a period of inward focus. we spend much of the time we spend our lives directing a lot of our time and energy at others, the outside world, and furthering ourselves in society. mercury retrograde specifically seems to be the time that the universe tells us to take a break from that and seek answers within ourselves. for a period of 3 weeks the emphasis is taking a break from communications from others and instead entering a period of reflection in our thought process, reevaluate where we’re planning so ambitiously to go.
basically, it’s a time to unwrap ourselves and evaluate what we’ve all brushed under the rug while we’ve been busy making our plans. is this really the direction my life is going in? do i have some serious decisions to consider? is this the track that’s really right in my heart?
mercury is now in aries and heading backwards into pisces, so the energy of…
“i’m going for it, doing my thing and proceeding with making my future…. wait, is this really what i want to do? is this cut out for me? where am i really going from here. is this right?”
you know, that feeling? it’s especially prevalent now.
what to expect in this mercury retrograde
- people are suddenly re-evaluating whether they’re on the right track
- self doubt randomly comes in when you used to feel assured
- big decisions come back onto the planning board.
- people start consulting advisers and astrologers
- restructuring of how you present yourself professionally and socially
- deciding whether to become the active or passive one in relationships
- unusual problems with cars, telephones, laptops, and general communication/transportation.
how you can avoid these things:
- extensively back up any important software (i use google docs)
- double check emails, texts… and what you say to others
- trust in your abilities and don’t fight the feelings.
- be cautious while driving or texting
- no signing contracts
it seems to me that people are more than ever finding themselves working really hard, trying something new. now they’re asking if it’s a good fit for them, if they’ve really got what it takes. confidence can be undermined but in the end, self evaluation grants a great new sense of purpose when mercury comes back into aries.
people are asking if where they’re going is true to what they feel, who they are.
and maybe that’s exactly the question you should be asking.